Available Delivery Options
Vinmetrica SC-300 SO2, pH & TA Analyzer Kit
Earn 586 points on this item.
The Ultimate Winemaker’s Companion shipped free from MoreWine!
One lean, mean wine analyzing machine. The SC-300 combines the SO2 detection of the SC-100A and the pH/TA analysis of the SC-200 into one power-packed instrument.
It’s built on the same hardware and software as our other two analyzers, so the accuracy is superb. And it’s just as easy to use – The audible buzzer and visual stop light will automatically let you know when you’re tests are done!
Because it does not rely on a color change, the SC-300 eliminates the guesswork in Ripper sulfite tests, especially in red wines!
Why Choose Vinmetrica’s SC-300?
Where else will you find a single, compact instrument that can measure sulfite (SO2), pH and TA (Titratable Acidity) levels throughout the fermentation and aging process? Even in Red Wines!
- SO2: ± 2 ppm Free SO2.
- TA: ± 0.2 g/L Tartaric acid
- pH: better than ± 0.02 pH units
Quick! – Less than 2 minutes per test!
Affordable – About a $1 per test!*
Easy to Use – No mystery solutions, pumps or tubing.
*SO2 (Sulfite) Tests cost approximately 70¢ / Test (the cost of the reagents per test). If you do a combined pH and TA analysis, the cost of reagents for the pH/TA test is approximately $1.12 / Test.
Complete Wine Testing Kit – Includes Everything Needed to Analyze Sulfite (SO2), pH and TA (Titratable Acidity) levels in Your Wines & Musts:
- SO2 reagents
- pH/TA reagents
- Two titration beakers
- Two 5 mL syringes
- Two transfer pipettes
- SO2 electrode
- pH electrode
- 25 mL sampling pipette (for SO2)
- 5 mL sampling pipette (for pH/TA)
- The SC-300 Operating Manual
The SC-300 analyzer gives accurate SO2, pH and TA values. Kit includes everything to perform about 50 sulfite tests and 30 TA tests: both electrodes, all reagents, pipettes, syringe and beaker.
A Quick Overview – Wine Analysis Procedures with the SC-300:
Easy SO2 Test
- Attach SO2 electrode, press the power button, change to SO2 mode and press enter.
- Draw up 5 mL of titrant into the syringe and place 25 mL of wine in beaker.
- Add ~2 mL of the acidifier and ~2 mL of the reactant to wine.
- Place and hold the SO2 electrode in the wine sample and swirl beaker.
- Add titrant from syringe dropwise until 15 second long endpoint signal reached.
- Multiply the titration volume by 20, the SO2 conversion factor, results in ppm Free SO2.
Simple pH Test
- Attach the pH electrode, set aside storage solution, rinse with DI water and blot gently with a paper towel.
- Press the power button then press the ‘Mode’ button and switch the SC-200 into ‘Cal’ mode.
- Calibrate using the pH 4 and pH 7 reference standards provided. Put the SC-200 in pH mode.
- Take 5 mL sample of wine, place in a beaker. Take a pH reading.
Accurate TA Test
- For TA test, withdraw 5 mL of the TA Titrant with the syringe.
- Take 5 mL wine sample and add ~15 mL of deionized water.
- Put SC-200 into TA mode, place clean pH electrode gently in solution.
- Add TA Titrant from the syringe dropwise until the endpoint is reached indicated with the visual and audible signals. Record the volume (in mL) of titrant used.
- Multiply the titrantion volume by 2, the TA conversion factor, results in g/L Tartaric Acid.